Chores

Being a stay-at-home mom has taught me many things. One of them is that a house is never clean. You can never be "finished" with housework. You just reach a stopping point where it's "good enough" for the day. I thrive when I am organized and, unfortunately, I have spent a lot of the past year in an unorganized state. Well now our kitchen remodel is done, and we are not doing anymore home renovations for the foreseeable future. No time like the present to get organized and make a plan!

I think I am going to clean one room really well every day. That way I won't get overwhelmed by housework and can take it in small bite-size pieces. My toddler naps for 2-3 hours every day, which gives me a perfect opportunity to knock out one room. Here is my plan:


Yes I know, putting away laundry seems like a small chore to take up one whole day but seriously, it's my least favorite chore. It literally sits in baskets all week!

What do you do to stay on top of chores? Any tips or hints?

*Sigh* I think I'll start tomorrow... ;)

Comments

Shannon Carr said…
I do the kids bathroom while Megan is in the tub. Obviously i had to wait until Megan was old enough to sit up and play in the tub without me having a constant hand on her. I don't leave the room, but i wash the sink, mirror, toilet, etc. Then scrub the tub when she is done.
Yesterday was giant chore day! The kids had the day off because of MLK day. At 10am, radio went on, all tv's and video games went off. The kids emptied out each closet completly, helped organize into piles and then it either got tossed, donated or put back neatly. We did the hall closet, the upstairs "junk closet", each of the kids closets and the bathroom closet. I took 12 bags of junk to salvation army and threw away 10 other bags. We got done at 4pm. It felt awesome!

Popular Posts