Master Bedroom

I am kicking around ideas for our master bedroom, even though it is #4 on the list behind the kitchen, the front room, and the nursery. Regardless, it seems to be the room that is inspiring me the most at this point.


I call this room Cool Frills. It is a mix of industrial inspired pieces like that amazing credenza and chandelier with soft accents like the Ruffled Sheet Set from Anthropologie and gorgeous Bridget Rug from Pottery Barn. I love the way the cold, hard lines of the metal pieces juxtapose the soft curves of the sheets, rug and flowers. I would paint the walls a soft grey like Porpoise from Behr and finish the room with white crown molding for a sharp framed look. Our existing bed and built-in custom closet system is a rich chocolate brown which ties in nicely with the brown in the rug.

Along the main expanse of wall I would fill with simple chocolate brown frames of different sizes filled with black and white family photos matted in white. I may even mix in some metal framed mirrors of different sizes and shapes because we already own a few.

The overall color scheme and aesthetic are just masculine enough for my husband since the room is half his (but really he has no say ;).

Aside from the credenza and chandelier, due to their astronomical prices, this may be the one room that I actually do exactly like its mood board!

Comments

Popular Posts