Deck The Halls

This year I wanted to keep the Christmas decorations rustic, sort of old fashioned, and fairly simple. Please excuse the picture quality - I am playing with (and learning to use) the DSLR camera and still don't have it right: 

The tree. I probably used a third of the ornaments I own.
I chose only rustic ones, and mixed in red, green, silver and gold.
A few yards of burlap serves as a tree skirt.
The new entryway. I painted an old window with
a cute snowman.
Another view of the new entryway.
You will notice Ian does not have a stocking yet.
Scored a wagon full of birch logs at a local nursery. Love them!
Stairs with new banister.
Woodland characters ready for the slopes.
Emilia helped Nick with the star.
Charlotte declined - she said she was scared of "too high".
Best picture I could get of the whole room.
Burlap wreath I made - it was super easy!
Usually I like things more sparkly, colorful, and glitzy for Christmas so I couldn't go completely rustic throughout the whole house. I added a bit of fun to our buffet:



Merry Christmas! More pictures to come as the month continues - we can't forget about the girls' birthdays coming up!

Comments

Popular Posts