Ian 3 Months!
Today Ian is 3 months old!
For the first two months of a baby's life, I would say not much changes. Then all of a sudden a whirlwind of changes start to happen and they do something new every day!
This past month Ian started to coo whenever he looked at us and later in the month he started actually laughing! It's the best sound to hear a baby laugh! He has also found his hands and is OBSESSED with them. He stares at them while turning his hands every which way, opening and closing them.
He also loves to blow spit bubbles with his mouth :) He rolled over, just once, from his tummy to his back. I laid him in the crib on his tummy (horrible I know) and found him on his back. This is because he is HUGE and so strong. He is in the 85th percentile for weight and 70th for length and head. He can hold his head up while doing tummy time for 20 minutes.
You know what's great about having a huge baby? He sleeps through the night! YAHOO!!! I haven't slept through the night in 4 years! I was either pregnant, nursing, or dealing with toddlers in the middle of the night. It's like...heaven. I actually have dreams.
Ian has also had two minor colds - really just runny noses. I blame Emilia and everything she puts in her mouth. She also had colds - she's a germ magnet and loves on Ian all the time! In fact, both girls are totally smitten with him.
Ian has a small bluish spot on the bridge of his nose which I have read is super common in babies and fades away over time. It's just a surface vein. However, some non-traditional medicine followers believe it to be a "sugar bug" and an indicator of a fussy baby who will grow into a toddler that is really affected by the amount of sugar they eat. I'm not so sure...
Today also happens to be my 35th birthday. Ian and I were both born on the 10th day of the month. Also all my children were born on a Monday - weird...but I digress. Ian and I are also both O negative blood types which is one of the most rare blood types. We are called universal donors as we can give blood to anyone, but we can only receive O negative blood transfusions. It's nice to have a donor so close in case either of us need blood and there's a shortage of O negative (god forbid).
So happy 3 months blood brother!
Love,
Mommy
And to compare, here are his sisters at 3 months:
![]() |
| Charlotte |
![]() |
| Emilia |
This past month Ian started to coo whenever he looked at us and later in the month he started actually laughing! It's the best sound to hear a baby laugh! He has also found his hands and is OBSESSED with them. He stares at them while turning his hands every which way, opening and closing them.
He also loves to blow spit bubbles with his mouth :) He rolled over, just once, from his tummy to his back. I laid him in the crib on his tummy (horrible I know) and found him on his back. This is because he is HUGE and so strong. He is in the 85th percentile for weight and 70th for length and head. He can hold his head up while doing tummy time for 20 minutes.
You know what's great about having a huge baby? He sleeps through the night! YAHOO!!! I haven't slept through the night in 4 years! I was either pregnant, nursing, or dealing with toddlers in the middle of the night. It's like...heaven. I actually have dreams.
Ian has also had two minor colds - really just runny noses. I blame Emilia and everything she puts in her mouth. She also had colds - she's a germ magnet and loves on Ian all the time! In fact, both girls are totally smitten with him.
Today also happens to be my 35th birthday. Ian and I were both born on the 10th day of the month. Also all my children were born on a Monday - weird...but I digress. Ian and I are also both O negative blood types which is one of the most rare blood types. We are called universal donors as we can give blood to anyone, but we can only receive O negative blood transfusions. It's nice to have a donor so close in case either of us need blood and there's a shortage of O negative (god forbid).
So happy 3 months blood brother!
Love,
Mommy



.jpg)
.jpg)
Comments