7 Months

Today Charlotte is 7 months old!


All I can say about the last month is - she just wants to move! She is trying to crawl all the time now - but she ends up scooting herself backwards into a corner. Just today she tried to dive off our bed, dive off her changing table, and dive off the chair during the photo shoot.

She can only be contained in her crib, which we had to lower recently because she can now pull herself up.  While I was setting up the chair and sign for today's photo shoot, I placed her in her crib. She was looking at me through the bars like she was plotting her escape:


This month, Charlotte went in her first big kid pool and she LOVED it! This is surprising to me, because I am not a big swimmer. I remember always being cold in the pool. Hopefully she continues this attitude toward water!

You will recall last month I was convinced she was teething. Well guess what? No teeth yet!

Her sleeping schedule has been quite erratic lately. One day she is waking up at 4 am and the next day she sleeps until 8 am. I am working on the whole schedule thing. Luckily she still takes 2 good naps a day!

I was getting sick of pumping breastmilk everyday, all day, so we tried to introduce Charlotte to formula. We mixed a bit in with her bottle and the results were not pretty. She threw up all over my dad and proceeded to dry heave for the next two hours. While I realize we might have success with another brand, that is not something I am willing to try again. Looks like I am going to be a cow for several more months.

Here are the stats for Charlotte's 6 month check-up on the 22nd of June:

Weight: 15 lbs - 25th percentile
Length:  26.5 in - 55th percentile
Head: 43 cm - 75th percentile

So she is long and skinny. That is fine with me. Unless she continues to not eat solids. So far she has moved food around in her mouth and spit it out. She has only swallowed food a handful of times, and I try 2 to 3 times a day. Baby just loves her milk!

She can:

cry when you take a toy away from her (is that a skill?)

hold her own bottle

sit up on her own in a high chair and in a grocery cart

Nuggs - you are changing faster and faster every day. Don't be in such a rush to grow up! I will do my best to make sure you have all the fun you can before adulthood rushes up on you with all its annoying responsibilities!

I love you!

xoxo
Mommy

The photo shoot:

Comments

Popular Posts