The Stupids

They say when you are pregnant you get the "stupids". I must have had a delayed reaction because I wasn't too forgetful during pregnancy, but 8 weeks postpartum I took scatter-brained to a whole new level.

Phoebe, our rotundly gingivitis-laden beagle, had a dental appointment today. I dropped her off this morning as they need to keep her for the entire day. This evening when Nick got home from work, I tossed Charlotte into his arms and jumped in the car to go pick Phoebe up before the vet closed.



Before they discharged Phoebe, the nurse had to go over a list of instructions with me including how to give her two different drugs twice a day. One drug had to be given on a full stomach and the other on an empty stomach and both had to be given twice a day. Oh really? Sounds nice and convenient. After she finished going over the instructions and the itemized bill with me, I checked out with my credit card and left.

I got in the car and decided to stop in at the grocery store nearby to pick up a few ingredients I had forgotten to get the day before. As I pulled into a parking space at the grocery store I secretly congratulated myself on remembering which 4 ingredients I still needed when it hit me: I FORGOT MY DOG AT THE VET! I threw the car in reverse and sped back to the vet. When I breathlessly walked into the waiting room I expected a roomful of staff to be laughing at me. LUCKILY it was super busy as everyone was picking up their pets that they hadn't even brought Phoebe out yet. No one even noticed I had left! I blended into the crowd and put on the "annoyed I am waiting so long" face. Finally they brought Phoebe out and apologized for the wait.

At least I didn't leave Charlotte at the pediatrician! I think Child Protective Services would be getting involved in that scenario.

The best part about having a blog is that it makes my stupid moments totally worth it. I need the material!

Comments

CMP said…
That is so classic! I love it!

Popular Posts